Tuesday, May 14, 2013

A few headlines for today

The headline in today's newspaper
Three new leaves on the ferns
I will wash them with my tears
They who know not yesterday

***

Barefoot they walked
Hand in hand

(Technically, its her little finger between his forefinger and thumb)
For hundreds of years
Till their hands are permanently glued


*** 

The sea tells me, it has been enslaved with all the salt in its water, and can I help it achieve liberty by getting rid of it

***

The majestic old tree has fallen
Its testicles uprooted
A headache in its stomach
What hurts him most, as he lies in the dust
Is the indifference of fellow trees
Who have abandoned all hope

***
And in the dawn
As I walk toward the waves
All is quiet

I hear no sound
The waves inform me
Worry not, we are merely changing the CD

***
Salutations, Blackie says to me
He looks drunk on the floor
He looks at my apparition
We say farewell to each other, silently

He knows, and so do I
A grave awaits one of us



No comments: