Friday, May 31, 2013

15 shorts about sadness




1.
She lifts a stone
Along with the shadow

And examines its muscles


2.
Rain in the evening
Wish they covered the sky
She wants to walk


3.
My neighbours' dal
It smells
Better than mine


4.
In the 45 degrees of Virudhangar
They felicitate the VIP
With a bit of gentle breeze


5.
Her thoughts
Were dynamited
Will she be penalised


6.
A garland:
Of weeds and rotten leaves
And half-hearted blessings


7.
The cloud in the sky
Wants to take a bath
In the lake


8.
The bright moon
Tip toes into my bed
Neither sleep


9.
Raindrops fall –
No Sintex
In the sky


10.
Blistering sun
A woman crosses the road
Thinking of the cold in Drass

11.
From the train window
I see unhappiness
So I change the song on my iPod


12.
Newspaper headline:
Today was more sad
Than yesterday


13.
Death zig zags
Here and there
Till she reaches my pyre

14.
In the house of the tone-deaf,
The musicians have been
Forgotten


15.
A flower, she
Knocks my door
Can I come in? It's very hot outside


No comments: