Friday, March 16, 2012

A few basic truths for myself

A few basic truths for myself

1.
Keep it simple
I say
Just keep breathing

2.
I stood poised before two mountains
Climb me, said one
I'm older than him

3.
I'm awake
Cannot walk to the bathroom
The sea is under my bed

4.
I am a skydiver
13 miles above the ground
I finally figure out
What happens to a cloud in the wind
When my parachute jams
And refuses to open


5.
A nutmeg tree knocks on my window
Don't under-estimate me
Your ancestors were colonised due to me


6.
When I'm mellow
I change the bulb in my room
From battleship grey to lemon yellow


7.
The Hibiscus was unlucky
To be plucked
For the tomb of a wastrel

If he had bloomed a day later
He would have been presented to the King of Bhutan
At the international airport


8.
One beer said to the other
Lets have a martini tonight


9.
My plan to replenish the government coffers
Tax all sinners


10.
What are nations for?

No comments: