Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Smallest river in the world


1.
So
I've four types of friends
Those with whom time passes by quickly
Those with whom I've roamed the suburban streets
Those that I owe money
Those that are not here
Their lies I miss the most


2.
I spotted a koyal
Who sat on a coconut tree 
Your sur have you found it?
Still waiting, the koyal said


3.
The government
Has issued a death threat
To all droughts
In this land

4.
The world
Has entered my room
Through a concupiscence crack
In the roof

5.
In my village they call rabi crops: bliss
When they sell it
In the mandi
It is at the wholesale rate

6.
A stream flows through my home
I measure it every day
It's tide, it's birth place, it's final source
It's sweetness

Today morning, I dip a bucket into it
To borrow water for my monthly bath
This loss, according to unconfirmed reports
Will ensure
It shall be declared
As the smallest river in the world 

No comments: