Friday, March 22, 2013

Five shorts from London


1.
When
I smiled
She got up and exited
After having borrowed
Half of my smile


2.
When
I saw Satyadev on a book cover
Between Shaw and Pinter
On a shelf in Charing Cross Road
I said to him, Guruji, you're so unpredictable
He replied: First get rid of George, then Harold
And find me better companions


3.
When
I walked into the local police station
To report the missing sun
The captain said
According to reports
Someone evil has swallowed the sun
Along with their fish and chips
And vomitted it out
In your corner of the planet


4.
When
I sat in the tavern
I realised they serve local brew
That are nick-named after thinkers
I had a pint of Johnson
A peg of Mills and Gladstone
Next day, I realised these gentlemen are tough to digest
Hence the old adage: Do not mix your drinks


5.
When
I entered the train
She was texting on her iPhone
Sobbing
As I disembarked
I noticed her eye lashes
Had floated away
With her tears

No comments: