Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Alternative endings to my life and other shorts


1.
When she got down on her knees
To propose to an ant
She crushed it


2.
A young I questions me
Don’t you think this tale could have played out better
I asks me


3.
My little girl is growing up
She plays hopscotch
Between Paraguay, Angola and Papua New Guinea


4.
I dip a spoon into the caramel custard at the café
On the next table, a newly-wed couple
Are planning to conceive a baby


5.
It would be nice to be chaperoned
Especially during broken dreams


6.
How many flies in this country?
Millions? Billions?
We need a census report


7.
When
The greatest of leaders
Lay still in his a/c coffin
In a nuclear bunker
He wondered: if he should get up
Put on his walking shoes
To take a pilgrimage to the pyre
As a final act of atonement


8.
Father and daughter watch TV
He thinks her clothing is bizarre
She feels the same about his ideology


9.
How about a national museum of pens
That have signed deals, death penalties, pacts, proposals
Conspiracies and farces


10.
I’ve discovered approximately 67 alternative endings to my life
Today's mission is: to search for one more

No comments: