Thursday, December 6, 2012

A compass that helps find happiness

1.
A collection of 143 types sarees with a matching set of blouse
Four cats, three maids, two cars
And a husband

2.
The judge's eyes widened
When the prosecutor sang a libretto in the court
As part of his petition

3.
Shoeless
She enters the room
With ayurvedic herbs in her hair

4.
Whenever I open my eyes after a particularly troublesome night of ponder
My first thought is
I hope the neighbour has not stolen the newspapers
Yet again

5.
When guru one came face to face with guru two
In the airport lounge
There was silence

6.
Did you know
Little B has shifted his penis to his little finger
Whensoever he wants to do susu
He puts his hand out of the train window
And does so

7.
In the kitchen, she stood
Wondering what the Bhagvad Gita said
About adding sugar-free to gaajar ka hawla


8.
You have let us down, said my parents to me
I wonder why
As I read their post-card in the andaa cell
At Yerawada Jail


9.
While 
He yearned for a kiss from her sweet lips
She pined for Nalli Nahari in desi ghee

10.
The dowry demand said: a compass that helps find happiness

No comments: