Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The only Anna I believe in is Anna Durai


1.
The only Anna I believe in is Anna Durai.


2.

The corruption of the world is much too complex for the simplicity of mere mortals.


3.
Mulla Nasruddin says:
It's a matter of time
The day has come, yet again
When I will turn and churn in my grave, yet again

Why, you ask?

Oh
For there are fools bigger than I
Says Nasruddin

And
This planet of ours
Has a special knack of celebrating a new fool, every now and then

Just
One turn more
To complete a billion and one fools


4.
Reality is notional, and mostly unlikely. That's why it cannot be tabled in Parliament.


5.
What Mahadevbhai taught me: To die for a Gandhian cause is easier than to live it absolutely.


6.
That's why my idea of Paradise is kind of Dravidian.


7.
I have a simple solution. Eliminate black from the CMYK printing-ink formulation. That's one way to prevent the production of black money.


8.
I prefer my neighbourhood whore to tax evasion. The former fucks me (Rather reluctantly, too sluggish, she says); and the latter screws we the people


9.
My paan-wallah explains:
Politics is not a cliche

When you head a political movement
It's like trying to make a paan for the first time
It requires trial and error, experimentation, practise
Reasoning, seasoning

It is hard work

You can't medidate for 57 minutes
Open your third eye and say: QED.
Now, brothers and sisters
I present to you the perfect paan


10.
Anna Durai
Studied files
For weeks
He wanted to set up an aluminium factory in Salem

An iron and thermal unit in Vridachalam
Atomic station in Panruti
Create an export zone from Pathamadai

When
Anna Durai looked up
He was told to resolve the matter of a party worker
(Who had walked 200 miles)
And prevent a messy divorce

He did so
Draped a hand-made shawl around the husband-wife

Next day he faced a no confidence motion in the assembly

This is in the nature of things


11.
An afterthought

Arun, Sudhir, Vernon are rotting in prison for endangering our nation
Their opinions ephemeral
Their words a threat to national security

Then what explains this incertitude

So readily
We accept a man
For
trying to overthrow a democratically elected government
In the hope of installing a Gandhian dictator

Is this a precursor of things to come
Where our right to refute shall be ratified
By a joker

3 comments:

Irfan Engineer said...

Good, Like it. - Irfan

Unknown said...

Afterthought .. wonderful ..
:)

Cutting Chai said...

Like.
Agree.
So Expressive!!